MAD March Madness Make-A-Long
It’s a March Madness Make-A-Long!
The Flying Needles and Cozy Color Works invites you to come get your Assigned Pooling on! We’ve got a fresh load of Assigned Pooling yarns in from Cozy Color Works, and we are MAD for them, and so apparently are you!
So, we are bringing everybody together for a MAD MARCH MADNESS Make-A-Long! From March 1 through midnight April 6, we are going to be making and making and making - all with those cute little Assigned Pooling bobbles.
The whole event kicks off Wednesday, March 2, on Zoom. Join Sandy of Cozy Color Works and Susan of The Flying Needles. We will talk patterns, technique and yarn.
Snag any one of Cozy Color Works Assigned Pooling yarn bombs and pick your pattern and join us for the kick off party!
Cast on and complete your project by midnight Wednesday, April 6, and you qualify for prizes!
You could win one of the Assigned Pooling 1100 yard skeins of your choice from Cozy Color Works. Susan is pulling her prizes, which will be announced during the kick-off party.
HOW DO YOU WIN PRIZES?
Join the Ravelry Make-A-Long page and/or the Mad March Madness Make-A-Long Facebook Group page. Post progress pictures and your completed project picture and qualify for prizes.
Only completed projects qualify for prizes. Finish and post pictures of the final project in either the Ravelry thread or the Facebook group page, and you're automatically entered for the grand prize - a full Assigned Pooling 1100 yarn skein of your choice from Cozy Color Works.
There will be random prizes awarded for progress pictures.
Those who complete their project by the deadline can earn extra entries for the grand prize by posting progress pictures.
Pick your favorite Assigned Pooling pattern and cast on with us. If you need a suggestion, our two favorites to knit are the Float or the Calico by Dawn Barker.
Other knitted Assigned Pooling patterns by Dawn Barker are:
Thanks to an intrepid email subscriber, we have found an Assigned Pooling crochet pattern! Please check out the Stop, Drop and Pop Shawl by Joanne Scrace. If that shawl isn't living up to your expectations, we are happy to have an intrepid crocheter come up with their own pattern or even send us another suggestion.
- Purchase the Assigned Pooling yarns from either The Flying Needles or Cozy Color Works. If purchasing from Cozy Color Works, please mention the Mad Make-A-Long in the note.
- Pick your Assigned Pooling pattern (there are quite a few). Our personal favorite is Float by Dawn Barker.
- Your Assigned Pooling project must use at least 850 yards of your yarn
- Join the Mad March Madness Make-A-Long either in the Ravelry thread or the Facebook group.
- Post progress pictures and your completed project pictures to qualify for prizes.
- Finish your project by midnight, Wednesday, April 6, (blocking not necessary) and post your completed project picture to either the Ravelry Thread or the Facebook group.
- Only those who have completed projects will be qualified for the grand prizes.
- Random prizes will be awarded along the Mad Make-A-Long journey.
As always, should you have any questions, please give us a call at The Flying Needles, (757) 345-3655.
ZOOM MARCH MADNESS MAKE-A-LONG KICK OFF PARTY
Join us from 5 to 7 pm EST Wednesday, March 2, for our Zoom March Madness Make-A-Long kick off party! Sandy will be joining us. We will talk yarn, technique, stitch and anything else you want to talk about. Bring your questions!
Susan will stay on the call from 7 to 7:30 pm to help anyone who needs assistance with their Flying Needles yarn and assigned pooling stitch.
Here is the Zoom info for Wednesday's Kick Off Party and the Wednesday support Zoom calls!
WEDNESDAY's ID is: 922 853 417. WEDNESDAY's Password is: 445065
WEDNESDAY'S LINK IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE CONNECTING: https://bit.ly/33GAw0W
Zoom Guidelines of Engagement & Participation
Enter and turn your camera on your face. No politics. No hate language toward anyone. Be kind and inclusive. If any of these guidelines are violated, you will be removed from the meeting.
As an added layer of security, each session will be recorded.