November 11, 2017 –
Concern for fellow Americans in Texas, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Florida spurred conversation during The Flying Needles Open Stitching. Rather than make items to send to those in need, The Flying Needles community agreed money was the best thing to send in support of those hit by the hurricanes. As a result, The Flying Needles will host a fundraising Knit-A-Thon from 10 am to 5 pm Saturday, Nov. 11.
“We’ve all seen the pictures and the news footage,” said Owner Susan Dickerson. “I and the community here at The Flying Needles want to do something to help. So, for one day, we’re selling the seats in our shop to come out and knit, crochet, spin, weave, cross stitch or just sit here and soak up the ambience. All proceeds will be sent to the fund created by the five living former U.S. Presidents. All participants are invited to work on personal projects. Consider it solace to work on your Holiday gifts.”
All seats at The Flying Needles can be purchased for blocks of time. The morning times are 10 to 1:30 pm and the afternoon is from 1:30 to 5 pm. To purchase seats, make checks out to: GBPLF One America Appeal, the fund created by all five living former U.S. Presidents. To find out more about this fund, pleaseCLICK HERE. Of the monies raised, 100% of every dollar raised will go to help victims.
The pricing structure for each of the chairs is:
- $500 ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $850 for the whole day – the couch – bring up to 8 of your friends and land on The Flying Needles couch! It’s yours for 3 and a half hours – it’s the biggest piece in the HOUSE!
- $175 ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $300 for the whole day – the navy lazy-boy leather recliner – this one is primo! Best seat in the house!
- $125 ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $225 for the whole day – the glider – it’s where Dickerson rocked her youngest child. It’s definitely comfy!
- $100 ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $175 for the whole day – the wingback – Dickerson’s grandmother’s, this chair was reupholstered upon the Shop’s opening.
- $75 ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $130 for the whole day – the gold chair – customer Trish Whisnant’s mother’s chair and perfect for a little cushion on a back.
- $50 each ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $85 for the whole day – two white chairs
- $25 each ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $45 for the whole day – the 18 folding chairs are for sale for $25 each! Order early and you get the higher backed and newer ones.
- $25 each ½ day (morning or afternoon) or $45 for the whole day – Bring Your Own folding chair. As long as it doesn’t inhibit the flow of foot traffic in the store, you can bring your own chair!
Bring your check made out to GBPLF One America Appeal and reserve your seat now. No credit cards can be accepted for this fundraiser.
As a way to say thank you, all participants will enjoy TRIPLE CUSTOMER LOYALTY POINTS the day of the Knit-A-Thon. For questions or to RSVP for the Knit-A-Thon, call (757) 345-3655. No reservation is confirmed until donations are received.