Knit any of the patterns in Tanis Gray’s Star Wars: Knitting the Galaxy book or the This is the Way Cowl in yarn purchased at The Flying Needles or from Robin’s Promise Yarn Co. and qualify. For crocheters, pick any of the Star Wars inspired patterns on Ravelry and crochet it up with any yarn purchased from The Flying Needles or Robin’s Promise Yarn Co.!
There are three levels of competition for the knit-a-long/crochet-a-long:
- 1 skein projects, 400 yards or less
- 2-3 skein projects, 800-1200 yards
- 4 or more skein projects, 1600+ yards
There are two prizes for all three levels: first across the finish line and finished object prizes (chosen at random) in each category. The first people to finish each project will each win a skein of Robin’s Promise Yarn Co. yarn. Live videos will be recorded of us announcing winners. This video will be posted to The Flying Needles Instagram.
Tanis Gray, author of Star Wars Knitting the Galaxy, is contributing six patterns for giveaways. Pawley’s Studio is contributing a Star Wars Mandalorian 20 oz. mug for giveaway. Robin’s Promise Yarn Co. is contributing 6 skeins of yarn and three random prizes.
This KAL/CAL kicks off NOW, and you have until 5 pm Friday, April 30 to finish!
- Either your yarn must be purchased at The Flying Needles OR you have to have taken a Star Wars: Knit the Galaxy Virtual Event class with Tanis. AND
must post a picture of your finished object to The Flying Needles Ravelry thread
for the KAL. There are THREE threads for posting your FINISHED OBJECT: 1 skein,
2-3 skeins, and 4+ skeins. Pick where your project lands in terms of yardage
and post your picture to that thread.
If you can’t post your picture to the thread, you can bring your finished object to the shop and let us take your picture holding the finished object. We will post your pic to our Ravelry account and in the KAL/CAL thread.
- You can enter all three levels as many times as you want. If you want to finish all six of the mini sweaters, they would count as 6 finished objects in Level 1 – 1 skein projects. Finish any of the two sweaters in the book and they count as two finished objects in Level 3 – 4 or more skein projects.
As always, please call us if you have any questions at (757) 345-3655.
For those who aren’t familiar with the term, a Knit-A-Long/Crochet-A-Long is a group of people who come together and knit/crochet for a common purpose or project – in this particular case, we’re doing this for the sheer FUN FACTOR! If you’ve never done one, here are some common confusions: This is not a class and you do not have to be present. If you ever just wanted to knit the same thing with a group of people to be inspired, that’s what’s at the heart of this KAL. This also helps those people who say they can never complete something!