Welcome to The Flying Needles knitting, crocheting & crafting community! We appreciate your patronage! We LOVE it that YOU buy LOCAL and SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL YARN SHOP! So you understand how we work, we have put together a list of store policies to help you enjoy your shopping experience.
- As your LYS, The Flying Needles staff support yarns purchased from The Flying Needles, that includes questions about the yarn and winding. We are happy to sell you a ball winder & swift to help you with purchases made elsewhere.
- We LOVE our needles! We hope you do, too! Once you have purchased your needles, they are YOURS and cannot be exchanged or returned.
- We are HAPPY to wind your yarn as long as we have the staff & time to do so. WE CANNOT guarantee to wind your LOVELY purchase when you are here. You can leave it with us and pick up another day. OR we have ball winders for sale.
- Troubleshooting – if you have purchased your yarn at The Flying Needles and are having trouble with a simple fix, we will try to help. If it’s a longer fix, we HIGHLY SUGGEST scheduling a private lesson – $22.50 per half hour, $45 for a whole hour.
- All purchases under $10 must be paid for with cash or check with a valid VA driver’s license. For purchases over $10, we accept as payment cash, Apple Pay, Visa, Master Card, a Virginia check with a valid Virginia driver’s license.
- We ALL have bags! Save the environment, help us keep costs down & bring your own bag.
- Yarns in their original condition can be returned for up to 30 days after purchase. After 30 days, they can be returned for store credit.
- Custom orders may not be returned or exchanged.
- We have a customer loyalty program that rewards you for shopping local! This loyalty program cannot be combined with any other sales, offers or trunk shows.
Should you have any questions or concerns about our store policies, please call the shop and ask for Owner Susan Dickerson – (757) 345-3655.